After the chapter about the escape I found the book really boring, and reading it was kind of unbearable. It was really hard to concentrate on reading without getting distracted. And when I was reading in bed, it put me to sleep after a page or two . But chapter 17 and 18 is a lot better because more interesting information such as mind speech is reveal. In these past few chapters, I feel the love hate relationship between Estraven and Genry [mostly hate from Genry and love from Estraven]. Estraven is protective of Genry and Genry gives Estraven attitude. When I picture it in my head I think of them as husband and wife. Ch 17 was short but interesting, it sounds like other creation myths but then its also unique. In most creation myth I feel like the people start off in a utopia/ pure world for a while and then something happens, but in this one it’s from the beginning. It makes me feel like everyone is born with darkness and there is no such thing as being pure.
Also, why is Estraven in pain when he mindspeak with Genry? I wonder what happened to Arek, or why Estraven feels that way? If it's the same Arek from the previous chapter, is it because he feels guilty for letting him die?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mind speech ? I can't wait to read about that, sounds interesting ! But i'd like to add on to your analogy of Estraven and Genly as husband and wife. We had a short discussion on the relation of a couple and as Kim put it today: "dating", i just thought that it was a very interesting way to explain their current relationship and its progress.
ReplyDelete